Monday, February 12, 2007

Studio Space Tour Day One



In my new place, I had to create a space for the scrapbook studio. I used to have an whole entire bedroom but now I have integrated my living space with my scrapping space. The idea here was to go vertical and buy some furniture that would be more decorative and help define my "creating space."

Can you say IKEA?

Yes, that is the Expedit shelf, both the large one and the small 2x4 which fits perfectly into the alcove behind my table. When Dad was here, he helped me assemble those shelves and even shared my pure joy when the measurement for the alcove verrified that we would indeed be able to fit the little shelf in there as well. The vertical Cropper Hopper storage files needed a wee bit of a trim , so a 1/2 inch was sliced off each then the 12x12 paper found a new home. The white cabinet off to the right side of the photo is VINTAGE Ikea, circa the early 80's and it has been up north with me and out to the prairies. I am on the lookout for something to replace it but it has to be perfect and black!

My studio table fits behind the sofa and allows for some of the surface clutter to be hid away. I bought some square glass jars from Superstore to hold pens, tools, adhesives and some commonly used stamps. The shadow boxes came from Photo Express and they allow me to frame some gorgeous paper from Basic Grey. The 3 drawer chest behind my desk is painted black and the front drawers are modge-podged with the Basic Grey papers. If I ever want to change things up in my space then all I need to do is replace the paper and recover the front of the drawers.




More to come this week....stay tuned


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Randi said...

gorgeous room set up; stylish for living area but great for scrapbooking! great job girl!