Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Snow day part 2

We have had a huge dump of snow and in the areas around Port Moody and Coquitlam, they have had even more up to 4 ft. The school busses do not run in this type of weather when the roads are dangerous. The Lower Mainland is just not a place where snow manageable unlike the prairies. People have not experienced road conditions that mean they have to change their driving skills. The roads are not slowly frozen over like they are in cold winter climates so when the snow hits, it sits on the surface and is most likely followed by rain.

I have now officially given up on my coping skills that I once had while living in Regina and Yellowknife. I am now shivering in my Gortex coat and mittens whereas I would once walk to school in a parka and Sorel boots. I have been indoor since Monday night, most of the time spent in bed , sleeping. I was battling a set of symptoms on Monday and while the K's were skating I was just trying to hold on. So the snow days did me some good. I slept like a hibernating bear would have. I baked a whole bunch of chicken and veggies yesterday and put 6 meals in the freezer but that would be the extent of my activities. I have had no energy so this was a gift- to recharge and to watch daytime TV while drinking peppermint tea.

Wonder what it will do tomorrow morning? We are expecting more snow and freezing rain.
GRRRRRRRREAT!

No comments: