Monday, March 12, 2007

Wet and Soggy

We have had so much rain in the last couple of days. The sun came out just a little after lunch today and it was a welcomed sight. The kids really enjoyed being outside for recess today and I think their TEACHERS did too! Over the noon hour a friend took some time to run down the street to Starbucks for coffee and was so kind to offer to get me one as well. I was in love with her kindness because several little tiny things all piled up and got on my back today. Somehow a dark roast coffee made it all seem a little bit better. Spread out, all these things would have been hurdles and annoyances but today they were a huge problem for me.

I have been thinking about my friend Jo who spent the day pumping over 4 inches of water out of her basement. It was coming in so fast last night that they felt they could not make a dent in the water level. Her neighbours lent a hand and the drains are being looked at so that they know where the problem was.

I am having a huge creative block, sitting at my desk for a long period of time and not being able to satisfy my own expectations for Scrapbook classes in April. I have one more kick at things tomorrow night and I hope that I can achieve all the things I would like to offer. I am focussing on DIY chipboard techniques.

Four more days till Spring Break!

No comments: