Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tell me you know about Scratch and Sniff Stickers!


Today I needed a little spark in my step, something to perk up the flow of the day. It was as simple as to read through the notebooks that belong to my students. I pulled out my collection of stickers. Much to my surprise several of my kids did not know what a scratch and sniff stickers was. It was a joy to show them how to use their fingernail and scratch off the top layer and then smell the scent of "apples". They were very excited. The innocence of it all and the way in which we shared a few moments today. They are the most expensive kinds of stickers to buy as a teacher but after today I am going to splurge.


This whole event took my mind back to the memories that I carry about my "sticker collection." My sister and I had photo albums of stickers, grouped together over many pages and in neat and tidy ways. My favourites were always bubblegum, grape and the spearmint ones. We never liked the pizza, skunk and gasoline ones. You were cool if you had special ones like , Shirt Tales, Smurfs, Donkey Kong, Pacman, Snorks, E.T, Strawberry Shortcake and Garfield ones. Our French teacher, M. Toye always had the best stickers. We were kids of the 80's for sure and I have the sticker collections to prove it.


Here is a neat link of someone who is still collecting....maybe I should dig out my binder and make a sale. I could re-invest the profit from the sale and place it into the purchase of some proper, adult stickers....you know the kind....for scrapbooking!


No comments: